Monday, February 7, 2011

Status, which I don't personally have, but I'm getting there


Just a quick update, our container, which has all of our comforts of home, crammed into it, is arriving in two days. We will see how the items fared. The kitchen remodel is coming along, I have pulled the wiring for the lights and switches, and will pull the outlets tomorrow. Then I can install the insulation, and put in the recessed lighting units. After that I can pull the T.V. cable and when time allows install the drywall ceiling. Today was me driving to the dump for three trips, it went as well as that chore could go, Cindy went for one trip. Then since we had the use of a borrowed trailer, I loaded it up with twenty bags of empty wine bottles the previous owner thought not to remove himself. I drove to the local recycling bin and deposited individually,617 empty fucking wine bottles, that I didn't even have the privelige of drinking. We are making a small amount of headway in our renovation of an ancient home that has forgotten how to be lived in, the heat takes awhile to warm up a room, the water heater has now started working with us, and the windows have been cleaned, and the view is clearer.

2 comments:

  1. Quit your "bitchin"......looks pretty damn cozy to me...............gb

    ReplyDelete
  2. La cheminée est magnifique!
    Good job Henri, you're getting there and it's going to look spectacular.
    We didn't have one item broken when we got our container, hope it will be the same for you.
    Much love,
    Arlette et Andrew

    ReplyDelete